No play Monday, May 20th!
Due to the storms in the area, we will not be open Monday.
Summer Sooner State Games Page is Up
We will be holding the Summer Sooner State Games on June 29, 2013. (Changed from the 22nd!)
The tournament is (currently!) planned to be almost exactly like our last few. The only currnet change is to the pricing for doubles events – we have reduced the price from $15 per player to $10 per player to make it more affordable.
Stellangie Clinics are over and were Great!
The 3-Day TT Clinic in Tulsa, the Coaching Clinic in Okc., and the 3-Day TT Clinic in Okc. were all great. We had very good attendance in both the TT clinics. Everyone I talked to really got a lot out of it and had a great time. Also, almost everyone was a little sore after they were over.
Stellan and Angie were a joy to have in Oklahoma, and we hope to have them back next year! Both are great coaches and nice people!
Now we need to make sure that we keep working to improve and spend more time doing drills and practice – especially footwork drills!!!
I found a write-up of one of their camps on Larry Hodge’s Coaching site. Check it out: Stellangie Camp Write-Up Link
Spring Tournament is Over!
Results in the form of the finished Draw Sheets and a little write up are on the Tournament Page.
Find us On Facebook
Doug Marks has taken the plunge and made us a Facebook page. You can find us at Facebook Page
This Week’s League Winners! (Recent Results)
Monday, May 13 – Two, tough groups!
- Group “A”: Jimmy Le played great!
- Group “B”: Ousama Moammar beat some very tough competition!
Winter Sooner State Games are over!
The Winter 2012/2013 Sooner State Games tournament were held on January 26.
Link to Photos Note that all photos are thanks to Fernando Prato… Thanks Fernando!
Results are available HERE. With only a couple exceptions, the tournament went well. I appreciate everyone’s help, consideration, and understanding. This was my first tournament using Zermelo tournament software. The software helped quite a bit, but I still need to learn more tricks and techniques.
My Big Goof! I want to apologize to Orville Bryant from Tulsa. I inadvertently failed to get him into the PP Singles. By the time I was made aware of the problem, there wasn’t anything I could do. Do to time constraints, he couldn’t stay and play in a later event. While it won’t help him this time, we will implement a double-check of events at check-in in the future…
Check out our Tips, Tricks and (Occasionally) Thoughts LINK
New Board for 2013 is set!
Thanks everyone for participating!! New Board for 2013:
- President: Britt Salter
- Vice President: Carl Deal
- Secretary: Doug Marks
- Assistant Secretary: Jeff Waters (New)
- Treasurer: Linda Piatt
- Assistant Treasurer: Dale Goodman
- Sergeant at Arms: David Hash
- Assistant Sergeant at Arms: Eric Warlick (New)
New Equipment Section
I added some thoughts on Equipment. Some basic facts and, as a bonus, plenty of my opinions! LINK HERE
Check out the (once) recent article in the Oklahoma Gazette!
We are located in Crossroads Mall. Our specific location is on the second floor on the west end of the mall. The easiest way to find us is to enter through the north entrance (the one on the west side that is on the second floor) and go straight through the Mall (go straight south). You should see us – we are two doors down – to the left – of the Karate place. This makes us the third store east of the big department store on the west end of the mall (old JC Penneys?).
We’ll be open the same hours as before – Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from noon to 4:00pm.
We charge $5 for adult entry and $3 for students and those 18 years old or younger. We also have monthly memberships available – check at the club for details.
- We have 9 tables set up for normal play.
- We have another table set up in a separate room for robot or multi-ball training.
- All tables save one are either Butterfly Centerfold 25′s or Europa’s
- We have one bathroom, plus more in the Mall
- The club is climate controlled
- There are security guards in the mall and in the parking lot
- We have bottled water, some sports drinks, and some snacks available
- We have a Pro Shop with a good selection of equipment
- Pre-Made Paddles starting around $25
- Individual Blades starting under $20
- Individual Rubber Sheets starting under $10/sheet
- Balls ranging from 3/$1 up to $2/each
- Racket Cases
- Rubber Cleaning supplies
- Other Misc. accessories
- We are a Paddle Palacedistributor, so can get anything from their catalog or site for PP prices
- We also offer an assortment of equipment from Cole’s TT
Britt Salter (405) 306-7227
David Hash (405) 850-1937
Email Britt at “bsalter 5 at gmail dot com” (Remove spaces, change “at” to @, and “dot” to “.”)