We charge $5 for adults and $3 for kids (under 18) and full-time students for each visit. We also have monthly rates available at $35 for adults and $25 for kids or full-time students. Players are expected to pay for their monthly membership – in full – on their first visit of the month. Unless players pay for their monthly membership, they will be charged the daily rate.
2017 Winter State Games Coming in February!
The 2017 Winter State Game will be on Feb 11, 2017 at the OKCTT Club.
Entry Form and Tournament Information Sheets are available…
This Week’s League Winners!
Monday, Dec 5–Another Good League!
- Group “A”: Jahan “Champ” Noori was on fire!
- Group “B”: Damion Swearingen was tough!
- Group “C”: Lemuel Franks played well!
Note 1: Due to excellent league numbers, league matches are best 2 games of 3 (to 11).
Note 2: Please call or text if running late or even cutting it close. We really need to know who all is playing BEFORE 7:00. 5 minutes till is ok, but cutting it close… 10 till works better. Thanks everyone!
2016 Oklahoma Senior Games!!!
OKCTT hosted the 2016 Senior Games on October 1, 2016.
The tournament was a lot of fun and there was some outstanding play in both singles and doubles! Thanks to all who came to participate or watch! More info available on our Tournament Page…
First Annual Dale Goodman Memorial Tournament!
September 17, 2016 The Oklahoma City Table Tennis Club hosted the first annual Dale Goodman Memorial Tournament. It was a blast!!!
We still miss Dale very much and a Dale Goodman Memorial Tournament was way overdue.
Check out results and details on our DGM Tournament Page
Summer State Games are Finished!
The Summer State Games of Oklahoma were held on Saturday, June 18.
We had a fairly small turnout, but overall a very good tournament. Thanks to everyone who played, watched, or helped!
Omnipong torunament software was used for the first time. Overall I liked it a lot – once I get smarter and fine tune my match scheduling and organization I think it will be great. A couple folks got delayed more than I wanted – sorry!!! Even with that, we finished almost an hour ahead of my (very conservative) schedule.
We would like to hear how folks liked the new format, i.e. sending out whole Round Robin Brackets rather than calling each match individually. I hope it reduces distractions – both the constant match calling and the excessive traffic through some courts.
Details are on our 2016 Summer Games Page.
2016 Winter Games are Over!
We hosted the 2016 Winter State Games of Oklahoma on January 23, 2016. The results are on our 2016 Winter Games Page. Also, the tournament has been processed by both USATT and Ratings Central. (Still working with USATT to get it processed with them) Links below…
Big USATT Fee Structure Changes
The USATT has recently made some significant changes to how memberships and tournament fees will be handled. LINK TO DETAILS ON USATT SITE I think these changes are a step in the right direction, and will benefit many players. The changes changed include, but are not limited to the following: (See USATT Site for full details)
- Membership fee structure has been changed. Not surprisingly, they went up. Adult one-year “General Memberships” will cost $75 per year (one year memberships were previously $49/year). The good news (for many) is that tournament ratings fees ($7 to $10(ish?) per tournament) will be eliminated. This means that anyone entering four tournaments per year is getting off cheaper (three per year is about a wash).
- Tournament ratings fees will be eliminated (yeah!).
- Tournament Passes will no longer be limited to one-time usage only. Tournament passes will cost $20 ($25 for Nationals and Open) and they are unlimited. The old tournament passes were $10, but there was a $7 rating fee as well, so the cost has effectively gone up $3/tournament.
Group Lessons on Saturdays
We’ve had a nice influx of new and newer players lately. To help them all get started out, we are offering Table Tennis Basics group lessons on Saturdays. These lessons are free with club entry. We generally spend about an hour going over the basic grip(s) and strokes – plus a little extra when we have time.
We are seriously considering adding a more advanced group lesson as well. We have a bunch of advanced beginners, intermediates, and even really good players who need some help.
We try to start the beginner group group between 12:45pm and 1:15 pm. If you are interested, please try to get to the club by 12:30 or 12:45.
We usually also offer intermediate and more advanced group lessons after the beginner lesson – starting around 3:00. Interested players should arrive early enough to get loosened and warmed up prior to the lesson. Note that we reserve the right to limit the participants in the later lesson. If players can’t do the required strokes, they will not get much out of the lesson and could hold back the more advanced players. We can (and generally try to) tailor the earlier lessons to help these players advance into the later lesson.
- President: Britt Salter
- Vice President: Dr. “G” Lu
- Secretary: Carl Deal
- Assistant Secretary: Jeff Waters
- Treasurer: Linda Piatt
- Assistant Treasurer: David Hash
- Sergeant at Arms: Kathleen Fitzgerald
The Equipment Section has been updated – check it out! While we are talking about equipment, this is a reminder that the OKCTT Club is a Paddle Palace and Cole’s TT distributor. We sell their equipment at their advertised price. If you need equipment or accessories, please check with the club. The club makes a little money on each sale – and we need the money! Also, when you buy from the club, we will go out of our way to help with any equipment problems. If you buy elsewhere, don’t be too surprised if your problems do not become our top priorities.
Find us On Facebook
We are located in Plaza Mayor (was Crossroads Mall). Our specific location is on the second floor on the west end of the mall. The easiest way to find us is to enter through the north entrance (the one on the west side that is on the second floor) and go straight through the Mall (go straight south). You should see us – we are two doors down – to the left – of the Karate place. This makes us the third store east of the big department store on the west end of the mall (old JC Penneys?).
We’ll be open the same hours as before – Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from noon to 4:00pm.
We charge $5 for adult entry and $3 for students and those 18 years old or younger. We also have monthly memberships available – check at the club for details.
- We have 9 tables set up for normal play.
- We have another table set up in a separate room for robot or multi-ball training.
- All tables save one are either Butterfly Centerfold 25’s or Europa’s
- We have one bathroom, plus more in the Mall
- The club is climate controlled
- There are security guards in the mall and in the parking lot
- We have bottled water, some sports drinks, and some snacks available
- We have a Pro Shop with a good selection of equipment
- Pre-Made Paddles starting around $25
- Individual Blades starting under $20
- Individual Rubber Sheets starting at $10/sheet
- Balls ranging from 6 for $6 up to 3 for $10
- Racket Cases
- Rubber Cleaning supplies
- Other Misc. accessories
- We are a Paddle Palacedistributor, so can get anything from their catalog or site for PP prices
- We also offer an assortment of equipment from Cole’s TT
Britt Salter (405) 306-7227
David Hash (405) 850-1937
Email Britt at “bsalter 5 at gmail dot com” (Remove spaces, change “at” to @, and “dot” to “.”)