Payment Changes Starting Feb 2017!
Our club costs have gone up a bit over 50% since we started at Plaza Mayor. We haven’t raised rates in over 10 years. With the higher costs, our bank account has been steadily dwindling, hence, we have to raise our rates to it to make sure we can continue operating. I know this won’t be a popular decision, but raising rates is better than closing the club…
Starting in February our fee schedule will change LINK TO SCHEDULE CHANGE FLYER.
We will have three fee levels – plus one Annual Fee option. New fees below:
Adults: $7/day, $45/month, or $500/year *
Adult Students (Undergrad College only): $5/day, or $35/month
Youth Students (High School and younger): $4/day, or $30/month
* note: yearly memberships will be from Jan 1 to Jan 1 only – we will pro-rate the 2017 fee since option starts in Feb. 2017 Annual memberships will be $465 for Feb thru Dec. Also annual memberships will be non-refundable – no adjustments will be made should someone decide not to (or otherwise end up being ) unable to play.
No Group Lessons Saturday,April 29!
Saturday’s usual group lessons are cancelled due to a coaching conflict. We’ll be back to normal on May 6!
2017 Summer State Games will be held on June 24
The Summer Games will be held on Saturday, June 24. We are looking into making a few changes and would like input from players regarding their preferences and thoughts.
A couple changes/ideas have been brought up (none have been decided on yet!):
- Getting rid of doubles events and adding a couple additional rated TT events. We like doubles, but, due to table allocation issues it is a serious scheduling challenge. It is too crowded to play doubles matches on adjacent tables, hence we can use a maximum of 5 tables at a time for doubles. The remaining tables, being surrounded by doubles matches, aren’t really great for singles matches either.
- Our participation in the non-rated PP Singles and the previously popular Over 50 PP Singles event have dwindled to the point where doing away with them seems reasonable. The events both used to be well-attended and competitive, but just seem to have died off…
- Adding an additional rated event or two. This is most likely contingent on doing away with doubles. We’ve considered changing our our usual rated events (U1000, U1300, U1600, U1900, and Open Singles) to offer some additional coverage. An example would be changing from “U1600/U1900” to “U1500/U1700/U1900” or “U1600/U1800/U2000”. Another option would be to rearrange “U1000/U1300” to “U1000/U1200/U1400” or something like that.
We need input fairly soon – we need to get everything sorted by mid-May. Sooner would be better.
This Week’s League Winners!
Monday, April 24 – An Excellent League!
- Group “A”: Jeff Waters was too tough!
- Group “B”: George Banu was mean!
- Group “C”: James Rodriguez played really well!
- Group “D”: Kathleen Fitzgerald was on fire!
Note 1: Due to excellent league numbers, league matches are best 2 games of 3 (to 11).
Note 2: Please call or text if running late or even cutting it close. We really need to know who all is playing BEFORE 7:00. 5 minutes till is ok, but cutting it close… 10 till works better. Thanks everyone!
2017 Winter State Games Is History!
The 2017 Winter State Game was held on Feb 11, 2017 at the OKCTT Club. A more complete write up coming – on the Tournament Page.
|Ping Pong Singles||Joe Tran (OKCTT)||Dennis Rhodes (OKCTT)||Terry Holley (OKCTT)|
|Ping Pong Women||Linda Piatt (OKCTT)||Alanis Hamilton (Bentonville, AR)||Annie Vo (OKCTT)|
|Ping Pong Junior||Kaden Seward (Joplin, MO)||Jason Piech (Rogers, AR)||Maria Tran (OKCTT)|
|TT U1000||Jason Piech (Rogers, AR)||Alex Piech (Rogers, AR)||(Remaining players unrated…)|
|TT U1300||Kaden Seward (Joplin, MO)||Jason Piech (Rogers AR)||Cory Bryant (Tulsa TTC)|
|TT U1600||Mike Patel (OKCTT)||Kaden Seward (Joplin, MO)||John Moore (Tulsa TTC)|
|TT U1900||Logan Watson (OKCTT)||David Correa (OKCTT)||Okba Al Harfouch (Tulsa TTC)|
|TT Open||Winfred Addy (OKCTT)||Russ Hamilton (Bentonville, AR)||Michael Lauro (Little Rock, AR)|
|U2700 Doubles||Sage Crane Neosho, MO) & Kaden Seward (Joplin, MO)||Mike Patel (OKCTT) & Linda Piatt (OKCTT)||Tiffany Salter (OKCTT) & Maria Tran (OKCTT)|
|U3800 Doubles||Michhael Lauro (LRTTC) & David Correa (OKCTT)||Logan Watson (OKCTT) & Cory Bryant (Tulsa)||Ray Pestridge (Stillwater) & Okba Al Harfouch (Tulsa TTC)|
2016 Oklahoma Senior Games!!!
OKCTT hosted the 2016 Senior Games on October 1, 2016.
The tournament was a lot of fun and there was some outstanding play in both singles and doubles! Thanks to all who came to participate or watch! More info available on our Tournament Page…
First Annual Dale Goodman Memorial Tournament!
September 17, 2016 The Oklahoma City Table Tennis Club hosted the first annual Dale Goodman Memorial Tournament. It was a blast!!!
We still miss Dale very much and a Dale Goodman Memorial Tournament was way overdue.
Check out results and details on our DGM Tournament Page
Summer State Games are Finished!
The Summer State Games of Oklahoma were held on Saturday, June 18.
We had a fairly small turnout, but overall a very good tournament. Thanks to everyone who played, watched, or helped!
Omnipong torunament software was used for the first time. Overall I liked it a lot – once I get smarter and fine tune my match scheduling and organization I think it will be great. A couple folks got delayed more than I wanted – sorry!!! Even with that, we finished almost an hour ahead of my (very conservative) schedule.
We would like to hear how folks liked the new format, i.e. sending out whole Round Robin Brackets rather than calling each match individually. I hope it reduces distractions – both the constant match calling and the excessive traffic through some courts.
Details are on our 2016 Summer Games Page.
2016 Winter Games are Over!
We hosted the 2016 Winter State Games of Oklahoma on January 23, 2016. The results are on our 2016 Winter Games Page. Also, the tournament has been processed by both USATT and Ratings Central. (Still working with USATT to get it processed with them) Links below…
Big USATT Fee Structure Changes
The USATT has recently made some significant changes to how memberships and tournament fees will be handled. LINK TO DETAILS ON USATT SITE I think these changes are a step in the right direction, and will benefit many players. The changes changed include, but are not limited to the following: (See USATT Site for full details)
- Membership fee structure has been changed. Not surprisingly, they went up. Adult one-year “General Memberships” will cost $75 per year (one year memberships were previously $49/year). The good news (for many) is that tournament ratings fees ($7 to $10(ish?) per tournament) will be eliminated. This means that anyone entering four tournaments per year is getting off cheaper (three per year is about a wash).
- Tournament ratings fees will be eliminated (yeah!).
- Tournament Passes will no longer be limited to one-time usage only. Tournament passes will cost $20 ($25 for Nationals and Open) and they are unlimited. The old tournament passes were $10, but there was a $7 rating fee as well, so the cost has effectively gone up $3/tournament.
Group Lessons on Saturdays
We’ve had a nice influx of new and newer players lately. To help them all get started out, we are offering Table Tennis Basics group lessons on Saturdays. These lessons are free with club entry. We generally spend about an hour going over the basic grip(s) and strokes – plus a little extra when we have time.
We are seriously considering adding a more advanced group lesson as well. We have a bunch of advanced beginners, intermediates, and even really good players who need some help.
We try to start the beginner group group between 12:45pm and 1:15 pm. If you are interested, please try to get to the club by 12:30 or 12:45.
We usually also offer intermediate and more advanced group lessons after the beginner lesson – starting around 3:00. Interested players should arrive early enough to get loosened and warmed up prior to the lesson. Note that we reserve the right to limit the participants in the later lesson. If players can’t do the required strokes, they will not get much out of the lesson and could hold back the more advanced players. We can (and generally try to) tailor the earlier lessons to help these players advance into the later lesson.
- President: Britt Salter
- Vice President: Dr. “G” Lu
- Secretary: Carl Deal
- Assistant Secretary: Jeff Waters
- Treasurer: Linda Piatt
- Assistant Treasurer: David Hash
- Sergeant at Arms: Kathleen Fitzgerald
The Equipment Section has been updated – check it out! While we are talking about equipment, this is a reminder that the OKCTT Club is a Paddle Palace and Cole’s TT distributor. We sell their equipment at their advertised price. If you need equipment or accessories, please check with the club. The club makes a little money on each sale – and we need the money! Also, when you buy from the club, we will go out of our way to help with any equipment problems. If you buy elsewhere, don’t be too surprised if your problems do not become our top priorities.
Find us On Facebook
We are located in Plaza Mayor (was Crossroads Mall). Our specific location is on the second floor on the west end of the mall. The easiest way to find us is to enter through the north entrance (the one on the west side that is on the second floor) and go straight through the Mall (go straight south). You should see us – we are two doors down – to the left – of the Karate place. This makes us the third store east of the big department store on the west end of the mall (old JC Penneys?).
We’ll be open the same hours as before – Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from noon to 4:00pm.
We charge $5 for adult entry and $3 for students and those 18 years old or younger. We also have monthly memberships available – check at the club for details.
- We have 9 tables set up for normal play.
- We have another table set up in a separate room for robot or multi-ball training.
- All tables save one are either Butterfly Centerfold 25’s or Europa’s
- We have one bathroom, plus more in the Mall
- The club is climate controlled
- There are security guards in the mall and in the parking lot
- We have bottled water, some sports drinks, and some snacks available
- We have a Pro Shop with a good selection of equipment
- Pre-Made Paddles starting around $25
- Individual Blades starting under $20
- Individual Rubber Sheets starting at $10/sheet
- Balls ranging from 6 for $6 up to 3 for $10
- Racket Cases
- Rubber Cleaning supplies
- Other Misc. accessories
- We are a Paddle Palacedistributor, so can get anything from their catalog or site for PP prices
- We also offer an assortment of equipment from Cole’s TT
Britt Salter (405) 306-7227
David Hash (405) 850-1937
Email Britt at “bsalter 5 at gmail dot com” (Remove spaces, change “at” to @, and “dot” to “.”)